10 Ways to Improve Your Website Traffic
By Thomas R. Reich PhD
Having a nice looking website is good, but having a website that inspires trust and motivates people as well, gives back much better lead generation results. The key here is to make your website more “sticky.” The term “Sticky” refers to your website’s ability to keep visitors and potential clients for longer periods of time, as monitored by your analytics. Visitors will stay on your website longer and will help build trust when your targeted content improves and increases. Visitors that trust your site and then sign your registrar change a visit into a lead generation. Below are several simple features and strategies that help make your website more effective:
1) Have a registration page or “newsletter sign-up” link clearly visible to all website visitors to convert a visit in to a lead generation. This will help you build your email mailing list, keeping your visitors informed of success stories with a weekly or monthly newsletter.
2) Have an active blog on your website. Make sure it is updated 2-4 times a month with information that stays in step with your product or service. A blog should discuss topics of interest to those who visit your specific site and help in turning a one-time visit into a repeat visitor looking for new information on what happens to be your product or service and therefore a lead generation machine. Remember your blog is not the time to sell, but it is a time to build confidence with potential clients about your expert qualifications with your products or services.
3) Set up social media networks such as Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Brand them all with your logo and colors to match your website. Fans and potential connections know they are within your sphere of influence when they see you’re “brand” or look and this works as a net, a lead generation magnet.
4) Actively work your social media with interconnecting messages and encourage a steadily growing fan base on all your social media network nodes. Be active and make sure everything in your network is linked to your website, blogs should be marketed throughout your social media network and email newsletters and communications which work together to make your website a lead generation machine.
5) Include a ”product or service page” which fully explains exactly what your products or services are and recognizes your most popular products or services with a special deal. This also helps establish trust and lets potential customers know you have a variety of products and are actively looking for their business, this is yet another facet of a lead generation machine.
6) Include an “About Us” page which talks about the founder and the direction if the company, but also has links to an employee bio page with information covering your board and staff. Pictures are important, and well written short capsules of expertise of each employee or board member that relate to your product or service is too priority.
7) Reference chambers or service organizations the firm is involved with. This helps to communicate annual reports, accomplishments, new objectives, and unique projects and activities. This helps establish trust, transparency and confidence while also working towards lead generation. The reason you are marketing your website is lead generation, do not lose site of that fact, and make sure to blow your own horn as much as possible, when a visitor comes to your site that is the time to let them know who you are and why they should want to find out more about you.
8) Add a free download page, remember, getting a visitor to download anything even to download a free eBook is a lead generation home run.
9) Add short videos communicating your product, services, success stories or testimonials. This is very effective in connecting with people and getting them to take action, this is a lead generation home run.
10) Add an events page to announce your upcoming events, workshops, meetings or community service initiatives to ensure good participation, or just to let new visitors know how active you are in the community. Having an active record of service to the community and sponsoring seminars and Chamber events, is a good way to encourage confidence by the visitor in your firm and thus, is a great lead generator.
Having a website is necessary; however it is critical that the website continues to grow with your business. By providing up to date content with useful information about your services successes and ever changing products, your website can build and retain a faithful group of supporters which will contribute to the growth of your organization, and ultimately turn your website into a self perpetuating lead generation machine!
YourPMA.com is your headquarters for website network tune ups. We don’t do gimmicks or magic bullet solutions, we get results. It was true 40 years ago and it is true today; Marketing = hard work, repetition and a good product. You have the good product, lets us do the rest, YourPMA.com Professional Marketing Associates.